Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 4

Sometimes meditation is diving into that interior ocean, long clean and deep. Other times it is a walk in the rocky shallows, with maybe an interesting tide pool or too- but maybe not.

I did not want to meditate this morning. I did anyway. I tried Vipassana meditation, as described by Shinzen Young in his book, Five Classic Meditations. (I am enjoying this book very much) Briefly, Vipassana is seeing what is truly there. You observe the intersection of the bodies sensations, and the mind. Clearly I need a teacher for this meditation.

I reverted to breathing meditation. Saying the parts of the body that felt something, quietly out loud, or then even to my self, felt like too much. The words themselves carry so much sensation, and 1,000 attendent associations.

Interestingly, there seem to be different understandings of vipassana;

http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/techniques/Vipassana.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment